Wednesday 30 March 2016

Walk Run or Ride for Autism @Zamarrinstitute


UNDERSTANDING AUTISM/AUTISTIC KIDS: (PLEASE READ)
"Listen to all the ways I’m trying to communicate.

It’s hard for me to tell you what I need when I don’t have a way to describe my feelings. I may be hungry, frustrated, frightened, or confused but right now I can’t find those words. Be alert for body language, withdrawal, agitation or other signs that tell you something is wrong. They’re there.

Or, you may hear me compensate for not having all the words I need by sounding like a little professor or movie star, rattling off words or whole scripts well beyond my developmental age. I’ve memorized these messages from the world around me because I know I am expected to speak when spoken to. They may come from books, television, or the speech of other people. Grown-ups call it echolalia. I may not understand the context or the terminology I’m using. I just know that it gets me off the hook for coming up with a reply."

Source- https://www.autismspeaks.org/family-services/tool-kits/100-day-kit/ten-things-every-child-autism-wishes-you-knew

Follow the @Zamarrinstitute

We urge you all to come out and join us as soon we #walk4Autism April 16. April is World Autism Awareness month. Spread love this April.


Source : Eddie Madaki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Galaz Entertainment Presents CALABAR NAWA !!! | @galazentertainment

A Comedy concert... One that will get u cracked up all night!!! Featuring the best of comedians/musicians/actors from the south south o...